Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Calling all Female Chefs in South Florida

I'm currently devouring Chef Gabrielle Hamilton's book "Blood, Bones, and Butter". Her writing is simply delicious, and she is extraordinarily inspiring as an author, chef, and restaurateur. Inspired by her writing, cooking, and philosophy, I am embarking on a month-long search for the best female chefs, cooks, and restaurant owners in South Florida. Even in 2012, it appears that cooking in restaurants is still a predominately "male" role. I'm determined to help break that mindset, and get things cooking for the talented and determined females representing in South Florida! Feel free to give me your suggestions and recommendations! I'm willing to travel for food, and I'll be hitting up Dade, Broward and Palm counties in an attempt to scratch the surface of the ever talented female chefs out there! Stay tuned as I explore the female talent in South Florida. For those of you unaware of who Gabrielle Hamilton is, here is the link to her New York City eatery called "Prune".  If you have some free time this summer for some poolside reading, I highly recommend her book. I have every intention of trying out Prune when I make it up to NYC to visit my fabbie friends in the upcoming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment